Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The "I think I'm number 1" Carrot Cake


Hi Everyone!

I'd like to share my friend Marie's carrot cake recipe with you. I made it the other day and it was FANTASTIC!!

Here you go!












Carrot Cake 
 
Cake ingredients:
 
2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 ½ tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
1 ½ cup oil
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups grated carrots
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 ¼ cup crushed pineapple (without the juice)

Icing ingredients:

2 cups icing sugar
½ cup soft butter or margarine
1 pqt. 125 g. cream cheese
1 tsp. vanilla


Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. 
In another bowl, mix oil, sugar, eggs, vanilla and beat until fluffy, aprox 5 min. 
Add carrots, nuts and pineapple. 
Incorporate the flour mixture in 3 times. Pour in a greased and floured rectangular mold of 9x13. Cook at 350 F for 55 to 60 minutes. (Or any mold you wish to use)


Icing:
Filter icing sugar. Beat butter and cream cheese together and add vanilla. Add icing sugar gradually and beat until creamy. Spread on the cake.

I hope you enjoy this recipe.
For those who've tried my carrot cake, feel free to post your comments!  
Am I number 1 after all?? :)


3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you liked it!!!!! I'll send you an amazing pecan cookie recipe.... Mmmmmmm... Melts in your mouth....

    And, you're welcome my dear....

    Marie xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made the carrot cake over the weekend for guests, they all loved it and couldn't stop saying how good it was. What I loved most, was that it was really easy to make. Thanks Evy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yesssss!!!!! Do I win again then?????

    ReplyDelete