Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Devito - South Beach - Florida

Restaurant Devito South Beach
http://www.devitosouthbeach.com/
150 Ocean Drive
South Beach, Florida
(305) 531-0911

Hello Everyone!

I didn't know what to expect from this restaurant. Danny Devito is the owner...seemed pricey, the menu was interesting but very long. Meaning, that there were too many different things on the menu and not all Italian.  I honestly thought it would be commercial. I really wanted to go because my father bears a striking resemblance to Mr. Devito himself. Its no joke - we get stopped everywhere! I guess I was expecting a reaction from the patrons or staff. However this was the one place that he got absolutely NO attention! It makes sense if you think about it 'cause, they've seen the "real Danny" more than once! However when we went to Joe's Stone Crab, people sitting accross the bar asked the bartender if my dad was Danny Devito and he said "yes, but don't go up to him, he doesn't like that" lol too funny!

Anyway, the restaurant was striking - brick walls, television screens built into the wall , framed like a painting, showing classic black and white movies; beautiful marble tables.. but best of all everything we ate was to die for so I was definitely proved wrong about this place. The terrace was really beautiful too. I would have loved to eat there but it was too cold for me that night.

I had the Burrata Mozzarella
Charred Roma tomatoes, basil salsa, grilled eggplant, crostini as a starter which is a fresh Italian cheese, made from mozzarella and cream.

My mom had the Sicilian Crab Cake - which was one of the best I've ever tried.
Jumbo lump crab, tomato, arugula, garlic aioli, chili vinaigrette, they were really great!

Andre had the 2 Big Eye Tuna and Foie Gras Tacos with Chipotle aioli



As you can see from the picture above, even the cutlery was beautiful.

For my main I had Rigatoni - Sunday Gravy
Meatball, sausage, country ribs, San Marzano gravy,whipped ricotta. This really hit the spot! I was in the mood for comfort food.

Andre had the 12 Ounce Barrel Cut Filet with a side of fries It was perfectly cooked.

My sister had the Four Cheese Pear Tortelloni
Pear, Mascarpone, Ricotta, Pecorino, truffle, Zambagiano, Parmigiano. It was great, the slight sweetness of the pear went so well with the creamy, cheesy sauce.


The dessert was super fun. This is the new thing, it seems, to have fair food..here, cotton candy, cheese cake lollipops and mini banana zeppole. Soooo good. 

Make sure to check out the web site to view pictures of the restaurant and to view their extensive menu.

Check this place out the next time you're in the Miami area. Its a little pricey so be prepared :)

2 comments:

  1. The plating at DeVito's was great.

    You didn't mention my Kobe beef taco entree! It was EVEN BETTER than Andre's fois gras and tuna tartar tacos!

    It was to DIE FOR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Bianca, you are absolutely right. Yours were even better! Thanks for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete